Amazon.com Product Description
The Motorola RAZR2 V9x is is still as beautiful, stylish and strong as ever, but it improves upon the original V9 by adding access to AT&T Navigator turn-by-turn directions and Video Share Calling. Additionally, the phone ups the MicroSD memory storage compatibility to 8 GB (from 2 GB) and adds touch-sensitive media keys for easy access to key features like music, pictures/videos, new messages, and missed calls.
Sleeker, smarter, stronger: the RAZR2 V9x boasts a durable stainless steel frame and chemically hardened glass displays.
The RAZR2 V9x offers super-fast downloads and multimedia streaming via AT&T's 3G HSDPA/UMTS network. It's fully loaded with an arsenal of digital tools, including a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth connectivity for handsfree communication and streaming music, dual color LCD screens, e-mail access, digital audio player, and full duplex speakerphone. And speaking of cutting edge, the phone's stainless steel internal frame and cast aluminum housing support makes the RAZR2 V9x stronger and more durable than its predecessor.
AT&T Service Options
This AT&T phone can handle high-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network, which is available in most major metropolitan areas. The AT&T 3G network uses the dual-band UMTS 850/1900 MHz network (also known as WCDMA), making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services. It also gives AT&T the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including video and music clips, full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go. You'll also enjoy quad-band GSM connectivity, which allows you to make calls in more than 190 countries and access data applications in the more than 135 countries where AT&T offers international data roaming.
With 3G connectivity, you'll be able to access AT&T's Video Share service, which enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) A majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so.
You can take advantage of the AT&T Navigator GPS software and service, a full-featured premium navigation application that includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.
With 3G connectivity, you'll be able to access AT&T's Cellular Video (CV) service and the Internet while on the go. Cellular Video features content from CNN, The Weather Channel, iFilm, Comedy Central and exclusive premium content from HBO and much more. And you get access to AT&T Mobile Music, which enables you to buy tracks while on the, access the Napster subscription music service, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal. (A MEdia Max subscription bundle is recommended for accessing AT&T's Internet, video, and music services.)
The phone has a built-in web browser for MEdia Net downloads and mobile web browsing. AT&T's MEdia Net service enables you to receive and send emails, read news headlines, get weather updates, download games and ringtones, and more.
The RAZR2 V9x adds turn-by-turn GPS directions via AT&T Navigator, Video Share calls, and compatibility with MicroSD memory cards up to 8 GB.
Designed to be even sharper than before, the RAZR2 V9x shaves two millimeters from the original MOTORAZR. Its one-piece housing has no parting lines (meaning fewer chances of break points) and the cast aluminum hinge underwent more than 100,000 lab tests to ensure durability. Even the exterior camera lens is stronger, as it is made with chemically hardened glass. Despite its slimmer profile, the RAZR2 V9x offers enhanced dual screens that make the phone seem larger. The 2.2-inch internal screen offers twice the resolution of the original MOTORAZR while the 2-inch external screen is great for checking caller photo ID, easily reading incoming text messages, and controlling music playback through onscreen controls. Other Motorola-engineered enhancements include:
- Upgraded Interface: With the redesigned, more intelligent interface, you'll be able to search for contacts faster and avoid duplicate entries for the same person while allowing contacts to have multiple numbers. The customizable main menu means you're never more than 2 to 3 clicks away from your favorite applications. And text messaging is easier, with the V9 recognizing what type of message you are sending.
- CrystalTalk Technology: This innovative feature automatically accounts for background noise during a call and adjusts the audio quality based on ambient noise conditions to provide the optimal conversational experience. CrystalTalk also reduces the volume of the background noise picked up by the microphone during a call, making it possible to be more easily heard over the phone while in a noisy environment.
- Talk to Me: Originally designed to address the needs of those with vision impairment, the RAZR2 V9x is able to read the phone's interactive menus, contacts, messages and more aloud--adding convenience to your on-the-go lifestyle. SMS messages on the phone can be read and replied to with pre-programmed text messages without ever having to open up the flip.
- Haptics: Motorola has incorporated breakthrough haptics technology--an interface that creates tactile feedback--that provides vibrating feedback in response to your finger taps. When combined with the virtual music keys, the haptics technology helps you to effortlessly control music playback.
The 2-megapixel camera includes an 8x digital zoom and it can automatically snap up to eight new pictures--letting you choose the best image from a complete series of pictures. You can even print photos wirelessly to a Bluetooth-compatible printer with just a few menu selections. It provides four resolution choices (from 320 x 240 to 1600 x 1200 pixels) and also features a self-timer, free memory space indicator, color effects, night mode for low-light shots, and five shutter sounds (with a silent mode).
Control music playback with the virtual digital audio player buttons on the V9's external screen, which includes tactile feedback.
The RAZR2 V9x is also an impressive video camcorder, providing up to QCIF resolution (176 x 144 pixels). It also gives you the option of choosing the video format, which offers different frame rates--25 fps for MPEG and H263 and 15 fps for WMV and Real. You can record video for as long as you have available space on your MicroSD memory card.
With up to 8 GB of storage (via optional MicroSD memory card), the RAZR2 V9x can store up to 1000 of your favorite songs. It offers compatibility with Microsoft Windows Media Player 11, enabling easy synchronization and transfer between phone and PC. You'll be able to modify music playback with the flip closed thanks to the virtual contextual music controls that appear on the external screen. And you can keep playing music even while surfing the web, sending text messages, or even using the camera.
This phone provides Bluetooth version 2.0 wireless connectivity with EDR (enhanced data rate), and includes profiles for communication headset, handsfree car kits, and audio/video remote control. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. You can connect your laptop (either via Bluetooth or wired USB) and enjoy dial-up networking--surf the Internet, send email, and access files from a server.
The RAZR2 V9x features a full HTML browser (Opera 8.5) that takes advantage of high-speed wireless data connections for faster, bigger and richer web surfing experience. Built-in e-mail functionality (POP/IMAP/SMTP) combined with MobileSync software provides easy, PC-like access to both personal and corporate e-mail accounts and calendars.
Other features include:
- 45 MB internal flash memory
- Up to 1000 contact entries, each with up to six numbers and two email addresses
- USB 2.0 wired connectivity, with mass storage capability
- Includes Bowling3D and Diner Dash games, with more downloadable via AT&T
- Polyphonic and MP3 ringtones
- Voice command and dialing, as well as ability to record voice memos
- PIM functions including calendar, calculator, alarm clock, and world clock
- Bluetooth version 2.0+EDR with the following profiles: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), BIP (for sending images to another device), BPP (basic printing profile for text, email), DUN (dial-up networking), FTP (file transfer), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures)
The RAZR2 V9x weighs 4.41 ounces and measures 4.06 x 2.09 x 0.53 inches. Its 920 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 295 hours of digital standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA frequencies as well as 850/1900 WCDMA (3G) frequencies.